Online training for human rights
A free online training course to improve knowledge and awareness on human rights issues
The NGO RESPECT Refugiados has created Training on Human Rights for Youth, a web project dedicated to human rights issues.
The initiative has been developed in partnership with InfomaGiovani (Italy), Global Youth Union Foundation (Armenia), Student-Youth Council (Georgia), International Peace Bureau (Switzerland) and in collaboration with FLARE Network.
The aim of the online course is to provide a training on human rights for members and volunteers of youth organisations, help them improve their knowledge and awareness on this issue and related fields.
The project is made up of 16 sections:
- Introduction to human rights
- Fundamentals of human rights education
- The principles and values of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Universality of human rights
- Discrimination or equality?
- Human rights and Islam
- Gender and human rights
- Being on the right side – legality, the Mafias and us
- Indigenous people and their rights
- Migrants and their rights
- Rights of refugees and asylum seekers
- Children’s rights
- Right to information
- Democratic citizenship
- Peace education
- The role of human rights education in the process of global change
The training course can be downloaded free of charge from the dedicated website.
This project was possible thanks to the help of the Council of Europe and the European Youth Foundation.